Happy anniversary, Eric! Five years ago, when I heard you say your vows, I felt so lucky to be marrying the greatest guy on the planet. It’s been awesome to see you grow this past year–watching you be committed to reading, exercising and mastering our fancy new camera. Thanks for loving me where I am but also making me a better person every day.
Year 5 Highlights
1. Getting Eric to go to the dentist for the first time in five years.
2. Seeing my high school volleyball team take second place at state.
3. Completing the Alpha course with our life group at church.
4. Sending Christmas cards–one of my favorite things to do!
5. Becoming debt-free on Jan. 2!
6. Our company’s annual holiday party.
7. Putting our house up for sale.
8. Eric’s birthday trip to Kansas City!
9. Speaking at Ignition youth ministry about breakups.
10. Landing a couple modeling gigs.
11. My sister giving birth to Mylie Marie.
12. Visiting Austin, Texas, for the Texas Style Council Conference.
13. Participating in the 2011 Big Hair Ball.
14. Being sponsors for Mylie Marie’s baptism.
15. Raising $582 for our annual MS Walk!
16. Our company golf outing.
17. Our annual staycation.
18. Canceling cable!
19. Getting caught up in LOST.
20. Our road trip to Charleston, S.C.!
21. Our annual week-long vacation in Okoboji.
22. Finding out that we’re pregnant!
23. Camping with Eric’s dad and stepmom.
24. A delicious trip to the Iowa State Fair.
25. A long weekend trip to visit friends in Minneapolis.
26. Getting serious with our life group.
27. Celebrating my 28th birthday.
1. Reading every comment you leave on the blog.
2. Having readers in all 50 states and in more than 100 countries.
3. Being featured on Makeunder My Life, Today’s Letters, Fiscally Chic and Mary Sievers, CPA.
4. Responding to countless emails about marriage and faith.
5. Launching our new domain and blog design.
6. Sharing our fairytale story!
7. Celebrating our first blogiversary!
8. Announcing our pregnancy!
Favorite YouTube Videos
Looking Forward to Year 6 Because…
1. We’re expanding our family in March!
2. And finding out what we’re having in a few weeks!
3. Getting new iPhones!
4. We’re taking a trip next month to Washington, D.C.!
5. We’re going to a marriage retreat before the baby comes.
6. Hopefully selling our house and moving!