- A husband who is good at making decisions when I’m not.
- Forgiveness when I leave the entire (full) carton of Rooney’s milk on the counter all afternoon.
- The Honest Company for their work toward creating safe, natural products for the whole family. I’m personally not a huge fan of their diapers, but we have their lotion, bug spray, sunscreen, fruit/veggie spray, healing balm, etc.
- Crazy sales at Kohl’s (I spent $7 and saved $71!).
- A husband who holds my hair back when I get sick.
- Little kids at day care who call me “Rooney’s mom.”
- The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, who saves me from my sin.
- Baby swings at the park.
- The Des Moines Farmer’s Market, which starts this weekend!
- Access to stores that sell organic dairy, seeds, fruits and vegetables.
- Online shopping.
- 75-degree spring days!
- Family walks with the stroller.
- Baby giggles.
- Selling our iMac.
- Minivans with automatic doors.
- My Nurse free health line.
- Police who risk their lives to save others.
- The “TV input” legend my husband made for me and taped to our remote.
- Antiquing finds!
- A free world globe to add to our new collection.
- A husband who works hard.
- Jean jackets.
- A husband who clips baby fingernails.
- Living only 40 minutes from my sister.
- Free Redbox rental codes.
- Wheel of Fortune.
Archives For Fun
What is it about babies in shopping carts that is so dang cute? I seem to think it’s the most adorable thing ever by the amount of photos I’ve taken of Rooney.
I think my favorite photo is her first-ever ride when she was 6 months old (she was so proud!), but that last one is a gem, too!
We took Roo to the park today with nana and papa (my parents). Here’s what I learned:
- Baby swings are awesome.
- We’re not so sure about slides yet.
- Having a 12-month-old is the funnest thing ever.
We managed to take 120 photos in less than 10 minutes. Here’s a few to start your week!
- Friends who offer (free) babysitting services so I could surprise Eric with a real date night out for his birthday!
- The opportunity to visit and stay with gracious friends in Minneapolis.
- My new pretty bike!
- That Rooney has so many grandparents and family who love her.
- That I have not been stressed or overwhelmed lately with little things.
- Ikea for their affordable, beautiful furniture!
- A new vanity area to get ready at.
- Nonsmoking in restaurants and other public places.
- That we don’t have any pets.
- The opportunity to do what I love (write and edit) for the largest ELCA church in the nation. It is an honor to do God’s work!
- Diaper changing stations in men’s bathrooms so I am not always responsible for her diapers in public.
- A husband who willingly takes care of his daughter.
- Plastic Jungle for buying a gift card that I was not going to use.
- The socialization Rooney gets at day care.
- A pay raise at work.
- A short commute to work (9 minutes) on very low-traffic roads.
- A husband who fills my vehicle with gas.
- A husband who cuts up the veggies.
- K-LOVE radio.
- Sunshine and no wind, making cold days a bit warmer.
- Wholly Guacamole.
- An unexpected gift of cash.
- The ministry of our head pastor.
- An understanding couple who is gracious and kind after we backed out of photographing their wedding.
- A forgiving husband when I went overbudget on Rooney’s first birthday party.
- The opportunity to hear Simon Estes sing (twice).
- The safe delivery of my friend’s twin boys at 38 weeks.
- Modern medicine and technology.
- A night out with the gals while Eric stays home with Roo.
Our good friends Justin and Brenna have a sweet baby girl named Ivory. She goes to day care with Rooney. We love this photo that Justin took a couple weeks ago! He walked in to the nursery and put Ivory in her crib (they have plexiglass on the sides). Rooney crawled over to see her friend. Justin, a quick draw, caught all the action…